1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Leach to Wazzu

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by KYSportsWriter, Dec 18, 2010.

1. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

I still think if I had gone to WSU I would have gotten better grades than I did at UNLV. Vegas was one helluva distraction.

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

That's a question that needs to be asked at some point of James. What on earth would possess this guy to hire a PR firm to spread lies about his son's ex coach? What possible financial gain could there be for either son or father? It's psychotic when you think about it.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Leach hire seems to make perfect sense for both parties. Wazzu needed high profile coach to ramp up program and Leach needed a place with low expectations out of major media spotlight. He will have plenty of time to build program with big upside and little down.

Because football is not a big a part of culture as it is in the South it will not surpass the SEC, but Pac 12 will generate a lot of interest in next few years. Many of the teams with high octane offenses will be a lot more interesting to view than watching LSU, 'Bama or Georgia grind it out week after week.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It usually takes a team like USC several years ago for the Pac-12 to even show up on the national radar.

Even as good as Oregon and Stanford were last year, how many of their games do you think someone on the East coast watched?

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

That's been true for the last 40 years.

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Points per game this season:

LSU — 38.2
    Alabama — 36.0
    Georgia — 34.0

Boooorrrring ...

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Even if he doesn't go with Leach to Wazzu, he won't be in Lubbock past this season.

Same with Mounken. When Weeden leaves, so will he.

8. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I thought it had a U in it.

My bad.

Anyway, he won't be in Stillwater past this year, either.

10. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

Pretty decent chance Monken's going to be somebody's head coach. He's already turned down Tulane.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Zenger left Lawrence yesterday, and is not going back to Lawrence until he has a head coach. Wouldn't be surprised if he makes a stop in Stillwater.

Draft saved Draft deleted