1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LDRs

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PhilaYank36, May 9, 2007.

1. Bump_Wills

Bump_Wills Member

My wife and I started as an LDR, but before things ever became romantic, we became very, very close friends over that distance and over a couple of years. I've come to believe that was the difference-maker for us. When we finally acknowledged our romantic feelings for one another, we were both already deeply invested in a relationship; we simply changed the boundaries of it. That made everything easier -- the staying together across the distance, the eventual decision to uproot our lives and settle in the same town, moving in together, etc.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

If she's 3000 miles away, it reduces the chances of getting an STD.

3. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Agreed.

4. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

With every day, I wondery why the heck I even put myself in this predicament. Shoulda realized it was no-win from the get-go. Anyway, thanks for the advice. I'm also surprised the ball-busting has been kept to a minimum, too.

5. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Just ignore her, eventuallly she'll get the hint.

6. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Dude, forget about it. LDRs rarely work. If you're already having second thoughts, just tell her it's nice talking to her, but you just wanna be friends. Having NSFW conversations is fun, but, like you said, what's there to talk about other than that? Getting yourself all horned-up on the phone with a girl 3,000 miles away seems like punishment to me. If she's truly a looker, and she's getting all horned-up on the phone, it won't take much for her to go out and find a guy to take care of her "needs."

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Which would y'all rather date, a girl two states over or a girl with herpes?

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I just hope this wasn't a 900 number, pyanker.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

We talkin' Texas sized states or what?

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Medium-to-large states.

Not Montana, but not Rhode Island.

Say a 10-12 hour drive, enough that you couldn't just go back and forth all the time.

11. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

My wife and I had a LDR. It takes the utmost committment. Be honest with yourself. If you can't handle that kind of committment, it's not worth it.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

What kind of gas mileage am I getting?

Draft saved Draft deleted