1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LcoalSports Talk Radio Who do you like and who do you hate

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ned racine, May 27, 2008.

1. ned racine

ned racine Member

With all the vitriol about Mark Madden,who do people like and who do they hate..

Shows I like...Big Show-.. Boston..Angelo Cataldi-Philly..Steve Czaban-DC..Stoney and Wojo-Detroit-The Hardline-Dallas..Mitch Levy-Seattle

Shows I dont..Michael Kay-NY..John Thompson-DC-The Loose Cannons-LA-Jody McDonald-Philly

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I used to listen to Mac, Jurko and Harry in Chicago. Not anymore.

3. markvid

markvid Guest

How can you listen to all of these?

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

All of them. Lowest common denominator talking point bullshit. And that goes for the national shows too.

5. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Hank Goldberg and Boog Sciambi in SoFla, when I wore a younger man's clothes.

Neil Rogers was the market's Madden, and Goldberg was no choirboy.

6. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Common Man Dan Cole on KFAN in the Twin Cities. Skullduggery and tomfoolery at its finest. He's sort of the complete opposite of 95 percent of talk radio guys so he's always enjoyable.

7. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I don't listen to any of it because I think it is very lazy and awful.

Anyone can sit behind a microphone and throw bombs and make ridiculous claims without being held accountable for being wrong. Anyone.

On occassion I'll listen to Rome, just because when he does a take like "chiropractor guy" or "softball guy" it is funny as shit.

But I can't listen to most of it.

8. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

If I could make the sweet love to my XM every night I would. Should have gotten it sooner. MUCH sooner.

9. Dan Hickling

Dan Hickling Member

if it's caller-driven, it's totally unlistenable... I actually like Kornheiser, but I'm not usually in my car (to listen to XM) when he's on...

10. ned racine

ned racine Member

just when i travel to those cities..

11. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

A reaction like this never surprises me, but it does disappoint me when it comes from one of the posters I most respect on the board. There are unprofessional people in every portion of media, and jackasses like Madden certainly don't help my field look better. My show gets the best ratings in its city. I'm also an FWAA member, regularly cover games and break stories sometimes. You're going to tell me there's no difference between Madden and me? Please.

12. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Quite possibly you're an exception, Rufino. But the vast majority of "sports talk radio" is LCD crap -- and often uninformed. At least it was before I stopped listening to it.

Doesn't mean I don't respect the people in radio, like yourself, who are professional and good at what they do.

Draft saved Draft deleted