1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LCD TVs

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PhilaYank36, Nov 24, 2007.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

www.woot.com

2. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

First thing that came up were noise-cancelling head phones. Perfect if SportsJournalists.com was audio. Or to save my ears from hearing any Eagles chants if I move down there. ;D

3. 93Devil

Woot takes a while.

Only one per day, but you can find some deals.

4. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

OK, I finally decided on buying a 42" LG screen. 1080p, 10K:1 contrast ratio, yada-yada-yada for $1,440. The next big question: do I buy now, or wait until after the holidays?

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I'd buy the Vizio.. .but as someone said on this thread earlier.. expect more price drops, especially after Xmas...

6. david kaye

david kaye Member

I bought the 42 inch LG a couple of weeks ago, and I love it.

7. After Christmas deals will be a better time for you to purchase the tv.

8. 93Devil

I disagree because the prices will stay high because of the Super Bowl.

9. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

But reports say that all LCD and Plasma prices will be dropping after Jan. 1 because of new FCC requirements. I don't see why those would cause prices to drop, but allegedly, they will.

10. markvid

markvid Guest

I drove past an electronics store last night that had a billboard that said a Panasonic 50" plasma....$1,500.
    Stand by for a few weeks, those of you in the market for one, we're gonna get one heck of a deal sooner than later.

11. rallen13

rallen13 Member

Interesting report this morning on national news that 42" plasma TV uses more electricity that your fridge, one of the biggest energy users in your house. Estimates are that such a set would cost you over $200 per year to operate at just 5 hours a day. Hmmmmm.

12. 93Devil

That is why you get an LCD over a plasma.

Draft saved Draft deleted