1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Layoffs at Yahoo Sports?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by nafselon, Jun 15, 2017.

1. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

I thought we were above celebrating the loss of a job on this board.

2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

You must be new here. It's one of the board's prevailing themes.

3. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I don't think that's true. Forde, Wetzel, Passan still have Yahoo in their Twitter bios.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Most of us are, some of us sadly are not. That someone would think that way baffles me, that they'd be a big enough asshole to post something like that makes me shake my head.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

As is Kevin Iole.

6. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

I've been in this business for nearly 30 years, and I don't give a fuck about individuals who use their positions to try and dictate public opinion, write slanted stories or push an agenda. I sure as hell don't give a shit if they ever work in journalism again considering the bullshit those assholes have produced. I'm glad as fuck to see them crash and burn. They have no business in journalism. People like them have ruined the credibility for the rest of us who do the job the way it's supposed to be done. Hope they never work another day in this business.

7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Nothing personal, but go fuck yourself.

Many of us have been in this business a long time. It's never right to celebrate someone losing a job. Even a competitor.

Never, ever ok. JFC.

8. Moderator1

What am I missing? What did Yahoo do that would make someone react like that? I never thought of Yahoo as anything close to a cesspool.

Deskgrunt50 and KYSportsWriter like this.
  9. wheels89

wheels89 Active Member

I thought he was discussing the Huff Post layoffs that were mentioned on the thread earlier.

BurnsWhenIPee likes this.
  10. Moderator1

OK - my bad on Yahoo then but still shitty to celebrate loss of job. Very shitty.

OscarMadison and BurnsWhenIPee like this.
  11. JCT89

JCT89 Active Member

Definitely shitty but given the person espousing that BS I can't say I'm surprised.

12. bpoindexter

bpoindexter Active Member

Having been laid off myself (in 2008, from a very good job I worked toward for a long time, and again in 2009), I'm always, always saddened when it happens today. It's happened to some very good, close friends just in the last month. As for the other stuff (Huff Post, Yahoo), I'll stop there. Maybe on another thread on another day.

Liut and HanSenSE like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted