1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Layoffs at AL.com

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by steveu, Jan 27, 2015.

1. spadjo martin

spadjo martin Member

Not defending the Rose Bowl/ACC title game travel, but Jameis Winston is from B'ham. I did hear that from the Rose Bowl said writer posted something to the web quickly after the game (4:30 p.m. kickoff) but failed to make print deadline so they went with an AP story.

2. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

So they paid to send her there, then ran AP? From a 4:30 game? Nice.

3. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

The other question I'd ask... was she even really there?

4. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

I just don't get it. How does the plagiarist have a job while others are getting laid off? She makes bad mistakes in regular stories, not to mention her plagiarism days. What in the hell does she have on them?

5. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Obviously something. And the whole thing stinks. I'd like to know how she even got the job in the first place.

6. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

That's terrible. And honestly, I get the B'ham connection, but with the way FSU's PR flacks protected Jameis, it's not as if she was getting any closer than anyone else to him. He surely wasn't giving one-on-ones to the hometown paper or giving anyone special favors. Wasted money.

7. Marvin

Marvin Active Member

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

10. Marvin

Marvin Active Member

What's the difference? And why couldn't they have slid a couple of people over into those positions?

11. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Shhhh. Don't give them any ideas. ;)

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted