1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lawsuit alleges Lane Kiffin at center of police cover-up

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Jan 4, 2011.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Kiffin crashed his car in the middle of the night, driving without insurance and without a valid license. But then, the story gets interesting...

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2011/jan/04/toyota-worker-sues-over-firing-kiffin-accident/

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

Actually, it seems the dealership that loan Kiffin at the car is at the center of the cover-up and possible insurance fraud.
    Kiffin's only "benefit' was not getting ticketed for not having a license or insurance but since he didn't own the car, the dealership probably should have been carrying the insurance.
    Kiffin doesn't seem to be involved in a cover-up at all.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It also said he "didn't have a valid Tennessee license" which only meant he hadn't bothered to get a new one since he moved from California. I don't even think you get fined for that. I think you just have to get one within 60-90 days.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

This. And the story is very confusing about what the guy alleges he did to get fired.

It did seem to hint that Kiffin may have been drunk, though.

5. Mizzougrad96

I think it's legal to drive drunk if you're a head coach at a SEC school. :D

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Depends on your record.

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Kiffin's accident sparked the entire incident; ergo, he's at the center.

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I bet that Georgia AD is kicking himself for not firing Richt and hiring himself as coach then, huh?

9. Mizzougrad96

Well, he had something working against him that trumps all down south.

10. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

It looks to me like insurance fraud is merely the vehicle by which Boling plans to get payback for being wrongfully terminated. And I think that would have been the case if Joe Blow from Maryville had been driving instead of Kiffin. Kiffin's presence just means the case gets more publicity.

11. Mizzougrad96

This. The more Tennessee fans continue to obsess over Kiffin, the more they look like petulant children.

12. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

At the center = we got nothing

Draft saved Draft deleted