1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lawrence Tynes' wife is not happy with the Bucs

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Morris816, Sep 2, 2013.

1. Morris816

Morris816 Member

Amanda Tynes, the wife of NFL placekicker Lawrence Tynes, is none too pleased with the way the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have handled the staph infection her husband received.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/lawrence-tynes-wife-doesn-t-seem-happy-notion-154243129.html

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/buccaneers-place-lawrence-tynes-non-football-injury-because-142039864--nfl.html

From the latter link:

If the Bucs really think they are going to prevent a possible lawsuit, forget it. I can already see it warming up.

Then again, I'm in Amanda Tynes' corner mostly because I have a low opinion of Greg Schiano.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

How does kicker allow himself to get an ingrown toenail?

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

They probably suffer with it more than most, they likely where shoes that are too small to get better feel like soccer players do.

4. outofplace

Yes, but wouldn't you think they should be extra careful about their feet?

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

He wear no shoeshine he got toe-jam football

6. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I imagine it's just because of all the stress you're putting on your foot by repeatedly kicking a football. Stefan Fatsis' book about his brief stint in the Denver Broncos' camp as a placekicker caused his foot to mutate into disgusting things - http://www.amazon.com/Few-Seconds-Panic-Sportswriter-Plays/dp/0143115472

7. outofplace

Fair point. I really was kidding. Obviously, the larger issue is the team not taking responsibility for what is happening at its facility.

8. joe king

joe king Active Member

I'm thinking the book didn't actually cause anything to happen to his foot. It was probably all that kicking.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

It's a good reason to switch to a Kindle.

10. sgreenwell

That's what the liberal media wants you to think - that books aren't harmful.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

But what about the narrative?

12. sgreenwell

Figuratively and literally dangerous. And don't even fucking think about judging one by its cover.

Draft saved Draft deleted