1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lawrence Taylor Arrested for Rape

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 21, May 6, 2010.

1. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Had his DWTS partner been 16, things might have ended differently for her…

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Good point about OJ. I did not think of that.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Police report LT paid $300 for the service.

4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Devil, not even Goodell is ready to go the Chairman Mao route and start purging the record of those who displeased him.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

The NFL doesn't operate the Hall of Fame.

6. Drip

Drip Active Member

Actually, that's where I'm coming from. These guys get so much pussy thrown at them that they don't have to rape anyone.
    I never believed the Tyson raped Desiree Washington. There were too many questions that I had about the incident.
    As for LT, we'll see what happens. He's a tortured soul in many regards and I feel sorry for him as a person. However, he keeps putting himself in these crazy situations. It's very sad.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

If you consider a 15-year-old girl a "crazy situation"

8. Drip

Drip Active Member

Dooley we don't know if Taylor knew the girl was 16. If he did, then it's a whole different story.
    I'm going to relay a story that a few here may remember. When Luis Polonia was with the Yankees, he was accused of rape in Milwaukee. The difference was that the first time Polonia had sex with the girl, he didn't know her age. That was bad but the girl did lie to him. Things like that happen and he probably wouldn't have been too vilified.
    The problem that many, including me, had was that after the girl's mother phoned his hotel room and told him the girl was underage, he had sex with her again. That was a no-no.
    I know it's tough for LT to be LT. Shit seems to happen with him. That's all I'm saying.

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

So Drip, what you're are saying is famous people are not capable of rape because they can get pussy whenver they want?

It's only ugly guys who can't get laid that rape, right Drip

10. Drip

Drip Active Member

I said LT and Mike Tyson had/have enough women fawning over them that they didn't/don't need to commit the act. Not that they aren't capable of doing so.
    I don't know what you're trying to debate with the rest of your post about famous people and ugly guys unable to get laid.

11. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Drip: Is there any part of your brain that comprehends that a) rape is not about getting pussy and b) he's being charged with rape because the girl was underage? Even if she consented, it's still rape, okay? Get it?

12. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Drip, in all seriousness, do you believe rape is about sexual desire? Because a whole shit ton of studies argue that it is not. It's about power and control and an inability to process being told no.

Draft saved Draft deleted