1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lawrence O'Donnell Trying to Get Fired?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Apr 7, 2011.

1. J Staley

J Staley Member

I agree with you about O'Donnell. I'm skeptical about any commentary delivered by somebody with acting credentials.

At the same time, I don't know how the government funding of an agency that helps prevent unwanted children is bad -- and no, I'm not talking solely about abortion. Not trying to steer this conversation off that cliff.

As a parent, I know there isn't ever a perfect time to have kids. But there are definitely times to avoid having them. If a government-funded program fosters a higher percentage of wanted children born into better situations (maturity level and earning ability of parents), then I'm all for it.

Working against cancer and STDs isn't too bad either.

If this was an agency that dealt with the care of senior citizens, I wonder how the right would have reacted then?

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Well, they're getting rid of Medicare; there's your answer.

3. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

Bottom line...anyone who embraces the birther crap is too stupid to be president.

Trump is a lot of things...stupid is not one of them.
    This is all about him...he's not a serious candidate. He's a fraud, a hypocrite and a self-promoting phony.

And if he does get into the race, he will follow the Sarah Palin model and not venture outside the journalistic circle-jerk at Fox.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Lawrence blasted NBC again tonight -- really went off on them.

Here's some of it:

I can't figure out if this pisses NBC off or if they're almost relieved by it.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I never realized that MSNBC was part of the NBC news division. That said,
    I find it refreshing that both divisions seem to work independently of each other.

6. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

O'Donnell's attempted interview of Orly Taitz was rather interesting.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yeah, just saw that.

First of all, she's odd looking.

O'Donnell promoted it by saying he was going to give her a chance to apologize for her birther claims. Well, as you can imagine, she didn't do that. She wouldn't even discuss the bither stuff or answer his questions.

Instead, she held up some other document that had to do with his selective service. She even asked for and got a close up of it.

I'm not even sure what the hell her claim was -- something about his selective service number or his social security number.

They talked over each other for a while with O'Donnell just going of on her and then he had them take her off the air.

8. Starman

Fucking ignorant twat. Go eat a bullet and do the world a favor.

9. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Don't be so harsh on O'Donnell. He can't help his assholeitude.

Taitz, OTOH, is a foreign-born nut.

10. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I was flipping through the news channels and came across something called Fox Business.

It was all birther, all the time. I, for a half second, thought it was IFC and the Onion TV news parody.

As for O'Donnell, I think he's right that the equal time law doesn't apply to entertainment programming.

11. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

It doesn't. That's how Letterman can get away with all those jokes bashing Republicans (although he has gotten Obama in a few jokes as of late, I admit).

I consider myself a conservative, but this is bullshit. There are far worse things in this country to worry about than presidential birth certificates.

12. Starman

For anybody who missed it, enjoy:

"You're fired!"

Draft saved Draft deleted