1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lawrence O'Donnell Trying to Get Fired?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/ezra-klein/post/what-planned-parenthood-actually-does/2011/04/06/AFhBPa2C_blog.html

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

This is what else they do:

3. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

4. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

5. Magic In The Night

So you're disputing the fact that they got the money from the feds? Seems to me the facts are correct no matter who the writer is. Apparently, we have no problem with a private, religious university getting more money from the government than NPR, which the right-wing screechfest insisted be defunded.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Speaking of ranting douchebags, Liberty "University" is run by Jerry Falwell.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Oh yeah. From beyond the grave.

9. SpeedTchr

I guess your magic doesn't extend to reading comprehension. Where did I dispute any of it? It was just a silly and poor choice of sources, but I guess it is on your regular reading list or happened to be the first thing that popped up on teh goggles or the bing.

10. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

This may come as a shock to some, but organizations that receive federal money or are affected by federal regulations spend money on lobbying.

11. Magic In The Night

So what is your opinion on this? Seems like a private, religious university shouldn't be receiving federal money. If NPR and Planned Parenthood must be defunded, than so must Liberty University it would seem.

12. SpeedTchr

My opinion? I think Pell Grants should go away and everyone should have to take out student loans.

Or no one.

Have it one way or the other.

The idea behind pursuing a college education is to get a better-paying job, so I see no problem in everyone being saddled with the same student loan debt after graduation.

Or, if we are terrified about saddling youth with debt, make college "free" for everyone and be a lot more selective about who gets to attend and what they get to study.

Draft saved Draft deleted