1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lawrence O'Donnell Meltdown

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Theissen shouldn't be a guest. That's part of the problem. He's not analyzing a situation - he's offering an argument for his side. An interviewer could just say "go" without even asking a question, and he'd say the same thing.

2. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I never really liked O'Donnnell. I catch him from time-to-time filling in for Olberman and he doesn't do it for me. With KO you know he has the ability to go off at any time. LOD just seems like a policy wonk. I'll have to check out the meltdown.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

As opposed to what other political guest or author?

Who else, "shouldn't be a guest"?

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Your implication is that there are no rich, elitist Democrats (coughKennedyscough)

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

So people with viewpoints opposing yours or Lawrence O'Donnell's "shouldn't" be a guest, or allowed to offer those viewpoints?
    Dangerous premise there.

6. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

Hate to break it to you, hondo, but the Kennedy dynasty is done.

Run along now and find another whipping boy.

7. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

O'Donnell is Class AA.

You want to see major-league meltdowns, this is your guy:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Wow. Haven't seen O'Donnell that steamed since he slapped around his son, Jed Bartlet.

9. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

"I just love my country so much."

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. shockey

shockey Active Member

i swear i was going to post the i loved o'donnell on "the west wing." ;) ;D 8) ;)

11. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

Well, that's an excellent example of speaking truth to stupid. How does this Thiessen person explain being an expert on torture when he's Daddy's little rich boy who never spent a day in the military? Good question Lawrence. Also, how is it that the right is now saying that the Obama administration is "inviting" another attack because they're not gaining valuable info from interrogating the suspects like the Christmas Day bomber (which, btw, isn't true, as we've run a number of stories that the guy has been like a sieve since he was taken into custody), when the Bush administration ignored a memo that said: Osama bin Laden Determined to Attack the United States? How is that, exactly?

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Well, it was snide, but it was a good question. But did you stat tuned for Thiessen's answer? It was prettty good to. He certainly seems more informed on the CIA program than O'Donnell.

And the Holiday Bomber only started singing five weeks after his arrest. That could prove too late to act on some of the intelligence they've gotten out of him.

This was also five weeks after Gibbs told us the FBI got everything they needed out of him (in 50 minutes). Is anyone at least going to admit to us that Gibbs was lying then?

Draft saved Draft deleted