1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lawrence O'Donnell Meltdown

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Re: Laurence O'Donnell Meltdown

We have two spellings of Lawrence on here, if it is the O'Donnell I am thinking of, Lawrence is correct.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

It's the Lawrence you're thinking of.

How do you know he is correct? Did you watch the clip?

Besides, it's not so much a question of whether or not he's correct, it's more a question of is he insane.

The guys goes off of the deep end on live TV about every 6 months.

3. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

I meant the spelling is correct, I didn't watch the "meltdown."

Save the condescension.

4. YankeeFan

Sorry. I read it wrong. I thought you meant if it was Lawrence O'Donnell, then he must be correct.

Didn't mean for it to sound condescending.

Why didn't you watch the clip, though? It's great TV.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I thought best part was follow up when O'Donnell mentioned that Theisen went to the only prep school in CT with a golf course.

6. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Theissen's a torture-loving douchebag. O'Donnell was right to go after him.

7. YankeeFan

And grew up on the upper East Side in the richest zip code in America.

But Lawrence made the mistake of asking a question that he didn't know the answer to, because when Thiessen explained that he had a security clearance, had seen the documents, and had talked to the CIA agents involved, it shut Lawrence up pretty good.

I also liked how Lawrence tried to defend himself at the end of the show by explaining that the way he was talking was normal for a guy from the mean streets of Boston -- you know, trying to establish some street cred. Joe politely reminded him that he's lived in Brentwood for the last 10 years. Good stuff.

8. YankeeFan

He was trying to shout him down.

If your argument is better, it doesn't need to be louder. If the other person's argument is so bad, you should want it to be exposed to the light and not hidden.

What is Lawrence so afraid of? What are you so afraid of? There's no reason these topics shouldn't be discussed in a calm & polite manner. Let the winning argument take the day.

9. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Theissen to me is the one droning on and on. O'Donnell had to shout because the dude JUST KEPT TALKING. He did the same thing on Christiane Amanpour's show too.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Who knows in this day and age they share the same book agent and O'Donnell was trying to trump up P.R.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

What more could they have done? Elected a candidate from the opposing party in the next election??

12. YankeeFan

Please. He was the guest. He was asked a question & was trying to answer it.

If Lawrence was wasn't being such an ass, Joe & Mika wouldn't have tried to settle him down & then dumped to a commercial.

Draft saved Draft deleted