1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Law school graduate's case against law school will go to trial

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Mar 7, 2016.

1. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

I don't know how Dick is reneging on his debt if he uses a debt forgiveness program, unless there is some hidden moral imperative in doing so.

Brian likes this.
  2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I knew Rags would save my bacon on this thread.

By the way, bacon is becoming unaffordable.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

If the woman bringing this lawsuit proves that the law school induced her to attend by putting out bullshit employment numbers, I guess she has a fraud suit of some sort (I don't know civil law when it comes to something like this, I just am assuming there can be a valid suit of some kind).

That said, even if what she is alleging is true (still an if, but let's assume it is true), I wonder how much that SHOULD absolve her of her of what was a financial decision she made of her own volition. ... which is now regretting. There was no amount of due dilligence she could have (and should have) performed before forking over that much money that would have told her what she was really signing up for? Did she talk to former students on her own? Are there any third parties that evaluate these law schools? Did she do any amount of investigation, for example, even a simple google search which likely yielded plenty of disgruntled former students?

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I think he meant you.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I've never missed a payment.

And I'm not rich.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Do you have piles and scabies?

7. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

I was referring to all lawyers who shirk their fiduciary responsibility to repay massive loans.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I don't think that wealthy lawyers are in the habit of not making payments on their student loans.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

You should shop around for bacon on your drive home from the hospital.

Ace likes this.
  10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Come on, man. Be original.

12. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

That's the point, skippy.

Draft saved Draft deleted