1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Law school graduate's case against law school will go to trial

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

What is the evidence to support that?

(I realize that there is evidence to support that assertion in regard to law school, specifically.)

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I have seen articles, but here is an anecdote. My son's girlfriend is going to community and technical college to become a physical therapy assistant. It's very competitive to get in the 2-year program.

Many of the physical therapists she has talked with say she is smart because the PT degree takes seven years and isn't cheap.

People are looking at alternatives to 4-year degrees (or grad degrees) because they don't want to be saddled with debt. Or they are using it as an excuse.

3. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

But everyone in America should go to college!

4. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Again, it would not save the school any money or lower tuition if it takes on the burden of funding, administering, and collecting student loans when there are existing solutions in place.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'll need to know what the lawn signs are saying about this issue to get a real read on the situation.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I am talking about money they would otherwise give away as scholarships. Use some of that money to offer more students cheap or even free loans.

I assume the loan model is somewhat doable, judging by the fact that most banks seem to find a way to stay afloat.

7. Dick Whitman

Are applications to four-year colleges down?

8. Mr. Sunshine

Stay home and work part-time while going to school. Problem solved.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Tipping point is coming.

We are going from "you have to go to college" to "welding school looks nice."

10. Dick Whitman

What's the evidence?

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

The fraternity activities often conflict with work hours. So that is a non-starter.

12. Mr. Sunshine

Ace wants the government to send everyone to college. That way, no one has to pay for it.

Draft saved Draft deleted