1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Law & Order/The Wire mashup

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rhody31, Nov 18, 2008.

1. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Watching a Law and Order rerun on TNT right now.
    Wee-Bay got caught with guns and money, then got shot.
    Clay Davis is a lawyer; he got accused of murder after posting up pictures of undercover cops online.
    Bunk is in the episode. He's the lawyer for Clay.

It's weird seeing these guys in other shows.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The guy that played Clay Davis had one of the creepiest roles ever on Law and Order when it was discovered he was killing kids because they were doing things against The Bible.

3. RossLT

RossLT Guest

One of my favorite episodes of L&O. I love when Jesse Martin goes undercover.

4. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Shit, I haven't watched that one it ages. Every L&O = Classic.

5. RossLT

RossLT Guest

So Whitlock has been on L&O twice?

Hard to imagine seeing as they had Michael Imperioli as an obsessed limo driver in one episode and then brought him back as a cast member later on.

6. Flash

Flash Guest

L&O ain't what it used to be. :(

7. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Not since Jesse Martin left he was my favorite along with Jerry Orbach.

8. Flash

Flash Guest

Jerry Orbach and Chris Noth were a dream team.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

They've done that plenty. I can't remember names of actors or characters right now, but the guy from the "New Sons of Liberty" episode where the militia group robbed an OTB, had been on a couple seasons earlier as a homeless guy who slashed up a dress shop, represented himself and ended up spazzing out in court because he went off his meds. And I think he was in another episode or two as a random defense lawyer.
    One of the regular defense lawyers, the uncle from "Meet the Parents", was a serial killer during the Paul Sorvino years.
    And before he was Briscoe, Jerry Orbach -- the man himself -- once played a defense lawyer.

Dick Wolf has about 20 character actors on speed dial.

10. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Well, they were!

Shee-eeeeee-it!

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Yeah, there's some Web site called Repeat Offenders that tracks role-jumping characters.

12. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Noth was great and is a very talented actor, but I am a huge fan of Jesse Martin if for no other reason than the fact that he is going to play Marvin Gaye in a film.

My love for the music of Marvin knows no bounds.

Draft saved Draft deleted