1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Law & Order returns

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by broadway joe, Jan 3, 2008.

1. "This will hoist your colors."

-- Rogers to Mike Logan, back in the day.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

But do we agree that Rogers is milfiriffic? :D

3. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

I don't know, a woman who's had her hands inside dead bodies all day doesn't exactly hoist my colors.

4. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I gave up on the show about five years ago, when Carmichael got on my nerves, McCoy seemed stale and Curtis bailed. (Bad career move, Mr. Bratt.) I work Wednesdays, so I won't get the chance to see the show for a while.

5. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I am addicted to the show, but I hate Dick Wolf's casting couch. On CI, what's up with back-to-back redheads who don't look old enough to babysit, let alone be a major case detective? I know, hotness factor, but it's just not believable anymore. Not two in a row, anyway.

And with the shakeup on the original, they could have moved away from the stereotype of old, crotchety DA, frat boy as lead chair and hot chick as second chair. But no, we get another loose-cannon frat boy.

That said, I'm liking the new detective and thought Wednesday's second episode was heads above the first. Thank god for DVR!

6. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

I stopped when Carmichael left. No reason to continue after that. Mmmmmmm, Angie Harmon ...

[​IMG]

7. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Is it just me, or are more and more Brits playing Americans on TV these days? "Oz" had several, "The Wire" has McNulty and Stringer Bell, there's the lead on "Journeyman" and now Linus Roache is having his turn.

I have a feeling there's less of this happening the other direction. :)

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Don't forget Hugh Laurie on "House." I guess it's harder to fake a convincing British accent than it is an American one.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Not to mention the stars of Life and The Bionic Woman. And the two main stars of Without a Trace are Australian (and Anthony LaPaglia barely suppresses his accent).

10. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Funny you should mention that. Law & Order: London is in the works for British TV.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7169580.stm

11. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Yes, we do agree on that dooley :D

12. bigbadeagle

bigbadeagle Member

so there was no explanation about how McCoy became DA?
    That guy had a bad run of assistants — didn't two got killed off, Jill Hennessy's character and the gal who had played a call girl on an earlier episode?
    Dick Wolf trots more familiar faces in episodes than John Ford did.

Draft saved Draft deleted