1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Law & Order only to be on TNT?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by lantaur, May 8, 2007.

1. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

In addition, from a different Variety article:

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117964862.html?categoryid=14&cs=1

2. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

http://www.medialifemagazine.com/artman/publish/article_12022.asp

Interesting reads. The possible Heroes move to ER's time slot is interesting.

I can't believe NBC didn't pick up the Spike Lee-Levinson-Fontana project.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

That story gives equal parts optimism and pessimism re: the return of Scrubs.

The Thurs comedy lineup plays well in key demos, so that's good. But Scrubs is expensive and NBC has always Cleveland Steamed it. I'll be really pissed if it gets the ax. I hope it's doing well enough (and has found enough new fans, like me) in syndication to warrant ABC picking it up if NBC drops it.

4. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I really miss Briscoe.

Stone was awesome.

Jack and Claire's continual blue-balling of each other was fun stuff to watch.

Sadly, Jack McCoy has become a shell of his former self.

5. Stone: "Great. Now I have to go into court and play the head Pharisee."

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

No idea if these lines were ever ACTUALLY uttered on L&O, but a friend and I used to do Michael Moriarity and Steven Hill impersonations...

Stone: [/slow, with voice rising as he says it] You sir, are a murderer!!

Schiff: [/channeling a little Burgess Merridith, a little Charles Bronson] Get me a smoking a gun!!

7. The Mothership to stay for another year:

NEW YORK — NBC Universal and producer Dick Wolf struck a last-minute deal Sunday to keep "Law & Order" and its two spinoffs on the air, although "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" episodes will first be seen on the USA cable network.

The deal ensures an 18th season of "Law & Order" on NBC. That's second only to "Gunsmoke," which aired from 1955 to 1975 and was the longest-running network drama series on TV.

NBC announces its fall television schedule on Monday, opening a week where all the broadcasters outline next season's plans to advertisers in New York.

8. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Is Michael Moriarty still marooned in Canada?

To me, L&O died the day that Steven Hill walked off the set.

9. "You people take a lot of liberties."

10. Danny Noonan

Danny Noonan Member

Totally agree. Dianne Wiest was the worst DA casting ever in TV history and the show about fell off the cliff with her on. Fred T. was a major improvement, but taking a guy with a total Tennessee accent, passing him off as being from Georgia (which has a totally different accent than Tennessee), and then putting him in NY as a powerful DA is a bit absurd.

Rest of the cast needs an Extreme Makover: L&O Cast Edition to survive being on Sunday nights against the likes of Cold Case and Housewives. Jesse Martin, good second banana, but not a lead guy. New cop, fire her period. S. Epatha, transfer her to a new unit and have her guest once or twice. McCoy, time to hit private practice and appear maybe once or twice.

Watched a few episodes this season and stayed awake only once.

Glad to see CI stay alive on cable, but only if Logan's on full-time.

11. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

They didn't know what to do with Dianne Wiest's character. First, she was deferential to Jack, then she was trying to establish authority. No consistency there. I had just really started following the show during Steven Hill's last year, and Wiest was enough to make me wanna puke.

And Detective Green makes me wanna wrench. Is Belzer still on SVU? He'd be a much better fit than Martin for the main show.

12. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Schiff: Make the deal.

Draft saved Draft deleted