1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Law & Order only to be on TNT?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by lantaur, May 8, 2007.

1. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Stone: "I'm a Catholic, sir; I can feel guilty about anything."

2. Stone: "Skeletons in the closet? (snaps fingers). Light of day!"

3. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Stone: "Your psychiatrist tells me that you have moments of clarity. Now, you are going to going to get up on that witness stand and you are going to have one of those moments."

4. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

Stone [towering over shorter defense attorney]: 'You think this was unpleasant? You go over my head to Schiff one more time and I'll show you just how unpleasant I can be.'

5. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Actually, I'd love to jab a hot actress.

6. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

According to the New York Times, a decision on L&O going to TNT (or not) could come in the next day or two.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/09/arts/television/09nbc.html?_r=1&ref=busines&oref=slogin

7. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

my wife is a huge L&O fan . when we started dating (years ago), her English wasn't great.......she carried a dictionary the first year we were together. Anyway, L&O really helped her with the language and of course Lenny was her favorite character.

One negative, she's now the Queen of one-liners. ;)

8. lantaur

You can't replace Jerry Orbach ... so they should can the woman that's on there now (sorry, gawkers), not pick up L&O:CI and move Chris Noth back to the original.

9. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Chris Noth is the reason I can't watch much Sex and the City: I see him as a detective and not as Big.

10. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117964817.html?categoryid=14&cs=1

"Law & Order: Criminal Intent" is bouncing to USA Network next season, while creator Dick Wolf has sealed a new deal to keep the "Law & Order" mothership on NBC.
    Under terms of the deal, "L&O: CI" originals will first bow on USA, with second runs then repurposed on NBC.

The new arrangement -- which gives a 22-episode order to both shows -- keeps everything in the NBC U family, and silences talk that TNT was in the running for first-run "Law & Order" segs.
    "Putting 'Criminal Intent' originals on USA was the centerpiece of this whole thing," said NBC Universal prexy-CEO Jeff Zucker. "The fact that originals will air on USA serves to make USA an even stronger and more dominant channel. It propels USA into a new stratosphere above where they already were, and into the big leagues with ABC, NBC, CBS and Fox. It starts to make USA the fifth major network." ::)

11. lantaur

Too bad. I liked my scenario of Chris Noth heading back to the original. :)

12. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

USA, the network that only leads in the cable ratings when they have wrestling? They freefell when Monday Night Raw moved to TNN/Spike, then regained the top spot when it came back.

And everyone knows MyNetwork TV is the fifth network.

Draft saved Draft deleted