1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Law & Order only to be on TNT?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by lantaur, May 8, 2007.

1. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Never been a big L&O CI fan until this season when they split the roles of the male detectives.

I love me some L&O but I kinda agree with PopeDirkB ... ever since Jerry kicked the bucket, the show hasn't been the same.

2. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

The problem with the show is that in desperate attempts to revive the ratings, they've tried gimmicks like "ripped from the headlines" plots and adding hot actresses to the cast instead of writing episodes that actually have to do with the twists and turns of the legal process. That -- and Orbach -- is what made the show great in the first place. The current cast isn't my favorite, but I'd still watch if they stopped trying to do thinly veiled takeoffs on the latest news story.

3. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Thank you. I'm like an addict missing my dose of methadone since the fucking playoffs started.

4. I just wish TNT would go back to airing all the reruns.
    Too little Ben Stone and Mike Logan. FAR, FAR too little Claire Kincaid.

5. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

Totally agree with broadway joe and FB. The show has gotten too far from what it was supposed to be, and it's unfortunate that the early shows are almost never repeated anymore, as if they're trying to get us to buy the DVDs of those early seasons, or not to remind us of how good the show once was compared with how it is now.

It's really hard for me to watch any of the L&Os right now. SVU is still good, but unrelentingly grim--how many shows about 10-year-olds being gang-raped can one take? As for CI, I like having Logan back, but I'm not buying the Pixie Chick he's been paired with, plus the show itself bothers me. When it started, the reason it was called Criminal Intent was because unlike other procedurals, it was striving to show how the criminals planned the heist, murder, heist plus murder, whatever, which was an interesting twist. But once people apparently started clamoring for more scenery chewing by D'Onofrio, Wolf went in a different [and to me, less satisfying] direction of a routine procedural.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I was with you until you seemed to be taking a jab at hot actresses.

7. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Defense Attorney: "Stone, what do you want?"
    Stone: "Peace on earth, the Mets in the series and Dr. Rebberty in Dannemore."

[​IMG]

8. Skell: "I keep the Mercedes."
    Stone: "You lose the Mercedes. 12 seconds..."

9. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

Defense attorney: 'My client would like full immunity.'
    Stone: 'And I'd like to be in a Jacuzzi with Cybill Shepherd.'

10. Stone: "You want to be sure before I go back into court and Miss Shambala Green hands us our asses on a plate."
    I miss Shambala Green, too.

11. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Stone: "The last time conspiracy was easy to prove was the Jews and the Romans".

I miss Shambala Green. McCoy needs a nemesis like that.

12. "The idea that having an executive assistant district attorney testify might help my client never...entered...my...mind."

McCoy did have the sleazy assistant US attorney there for a couple episodes.

Draft saved Draft deleted