1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Law & Order new ADA

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by lantaur, Jul 19, 2007.

1. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Sorry, couldn't find the old thread ...

Anyway, the new ADA is Linus Roache, who was on Kidnapped last season (as was new cop Jeremy Sisto, I guess).

Oh, and Sam Waterston officially makes the move to DA. Hopefully this will give the show a much-needed boost.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/07/18/AR2007071800437.html

2. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Interesting choice. Linus Roache is a terrific actor.

3. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Thomas Wayne!

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Last night was replace the ADA night on TNT.. they showed Annie Parisse get snuffed and Elisabeth Rohm out herself...

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I thought I read somewhere that Alicia Witt was joining the cast...

6. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

Not that anyone asked, but I was watching the first couple episodes of the DVD of the very first season of Law and Order yesterday. Embarrassingly bad.

7. I like it.

8. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

The first season? I sure hope it improves, then ... I know I can't judge an entire season from the very first episodes. But man, they were tough to watch.

9. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

Then again, you could have been referring to the new ADA. ::)

10. I was, but you'll notice that L&O does';t really become the show we recognize -- I date it to the Torrents of Greed two-parter --until midway through Season One, and it takes off when Greevey gets killed at the beginning of Season Two or Three.

11. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I remember in the pilot, they had a woman cracking jokes in the courtroom. They had bad music too.

I don't think it lasted too long though.

The first real episode, Prescription for Death, was one of my favorites from the early days. As was The Reaper's Helper (No. 3)

12. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Geez, do you guys really know all the episodes by their title? I need a little more description than that.

I don't know much about these new cast members, but I don't think the actors were the problem. The scripts were. I hope Dick Wolf has been paying as much attention to the writing staff as he has to the cast.

Promoting Jack McCoy was a good move. Waterston needed something new to do, and I'm sure his role will be bigger than when Fred Thompson or Dianne Wiest had it.

Draft saved Draft deleted