1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Law & Order: Jack McCoy finally gets a "promotion"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by broadway joe, May 16, 2007.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Forgot about Vance; Carver and McCoy would have an interesting dynamic.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

That would have ben interesting...

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Can Jacq Hennessy or whatever the hell her name is act? That would be the most appropriate way to go.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I heard they might be pairing Sisto with Rosie O'Donnell and add Chriss Angel of MindFreak fame to the ADA role..

5. I don't have any problem with Jesse Martin, although they've gone a little soft on his gambling, which I think was the first way he and Briscoe bonded after their tough beginning. (Ed was always going to Atlantic City.) How about bumping up that female detective who seems to have replaced Profaci in the "running in with the forensic report" position in the precinct.

6. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Green needs to have a harder edge.

7. Maybe, but the two best interrogation scenes in L&O history -- which were almost up to Pembleton standards -- were Van Buren's questioning of the guy passing for white ("Hello, my brother.") and Green's of the little girl accomplice of the little girl sociopath.

8. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Didn't see the second; did see the first, and it's one of those episodes that stands out. Great writing.

9. chazp

chazp Active Member

Waterson was better in the role than Michael Moriarty ever was. Sorry to see his screen time cut.

10. The second one has a faceoff between the two PD shrinks -- Skoda and Liz Olivet, who was then in private practice.

11. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Not a clue. But it'd be interesting to find out.

12. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

I would like to see either Richard Brooks as Robinette [who has been a defense lawyer on some episodes since leaving] or Courtney B. Vance as Carver in McCoy's chair. One of those moves might get me to start watching again, although I'm SOOOOO tired of ripped from the headlines.

Draft saved Draft deleted