1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Law & Order: Jack McCoy finally gets a "promotion"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by broadway joe, May 16, 2007.

1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

BRING BACK PROFACI!

2. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Wasn't Profaci the corrupt cop in that one movie featuring Chris Noth as disgraced detective Mike Logan trying to get back as a detective in Manhattan?

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

4. chazp

chazp Active Member

Good call. Profaci and Noth, bring back the old days.

5. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

That was when I first started really disliking Dick Wolf. There was no reason to do that, especially because it's such a stereotype [oh, gee, he's an Italian cop, he must be mobbed up. I'm not saying it hasn't happened in real life, but Wolf didn't have to go that route. And, no, I'm not Italian].

But speaking of mobbed up [on TV] Italians, I like HB's idea of Imperioli as one of the detectives, especially since The Sopranos is ending. And fwiw, I don't have a problem with Jesse L. Martin, but his current partner can't act a lick, nor can the new eye candyfemale ADA.

6. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Imperioli is a great call. He's totally believable as an NYC detective, which Jesse L. Martin just isn't.

7. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

I'm going to stick with the premise that this show needs new writers, no matter what the cast. I just got around to watching last week's episode and it was one of the worst - if not the worst - L&O's ever. So heavy-handed and blatantly political. L&O used to do a good job of representing both sides and Jack McCoy never had an agenda (other than to convict a guilty person no matter what). This is like watching Willie Mays in 1973 ...

8. audreyld

audreyld Guest

I love Jesse L. Martin... in RENT.

9. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

IMO, the show might as well have been canceled four years ago. It's brutal watching it now.

10. I win!
    Jack in the big chair.
    Now, Robinette back and Jill Hennessy as Claire Kincaid's longlost twin sister and I'm a happy guy.

11. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

I'll cover you on that one. Collins, yes. Cop, no.

12. joe

joe Active Member

That's Private Pyle. As in Gomer, USMC.

Draft saved Draft deleted