1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Law & Order: Jack McCoy finally gets a "promotion"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by broadway joe, May 16, 2007.

1. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Cast changes in the works on the mothership. Sam Waterston as McCoy is supposedly getting bumped up into the DA spot vacated by Fred Thompson, which means less screen time for Waterston. Both detectives may be out as well. The woman cop is definitely gone, and they may not be able to afford the other one, Jesse L. Martin, due to budget cuts. Something tells me it would have been better to put this once-great show out of its misery.

Any casting suggestions for McCoy's replacement and the two new detectives? And no, Chris Noth is not available.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,272737,00.html#2

2. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

I've seen that FOX guy take a lot of swing and misses. He also says: "Definitely out is Milena Govich, who has been on for two seasons." - this was her first season, unless I blanked out for a year.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

If Roger Friedman wrote it - you know it may or may not be true. He rarely uses named sources.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Why isn't Noth available? CI was canned by NBC, is he doing something else?

5. lantaur

It will be on USA instead. Although I hope they move him to the mothership anyway.

6. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I've never seen Martin on L&O, and I've heard he's very good. It surprised me, because I found him annoying and unlikable on Ally McBeal.

7. Jim Tom Pinch

Jim Tom Pinch Active Member

Pauly Shore as the lead prosecuter. Paul Reubens and Joan Rivers as the cops.

8. lantaur

Paul Reubens was hilarious on 30 Rock earlier this season. Joan Rivers could be a robocop.

9. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Sam Waterston = One heartbeat from the presidency

10. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Michael Imperoli was great working with Farina two or three seasons ago. He could easily step into the role as the lead detective.

11. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

In this role, Martin sucks.

12. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I agree but I hope they don't bring the Criminal Intent detectives over. I can't stand the dude, the one who played Private Powell in that one Vietnam movie with Matthew Modine.

Draft saved Draft deleted