1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Law & Order - All Versions - New Season Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Cadet, Sep 26, 2006.

1. "You got any other surprises before we waltz into court and MISS Shambala Green hands us our asses on a PLATE?"

Great Ben Stone moment.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Sam Waterson was the voice of Lincoln in Ken Burns' Civil War series.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And Thomas Jefferson in Lewis and Clark...

One of Burns' standbys along with Peter Coyote, <atthew Broderick, David Keith, David McCullough and the late Stephen Ambrose and John Chancellor

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Jerry Lewis was a surprise on SVU last night. I didn't even recognize him at first with the beard.

Good work by him. The French may be right after all.

5. Something about Waterston in The Civil War that always puzzled me. Every person I ever heard deliver the Gettysburg Address emphasized the prepositions in the famous peroration -- "Government OF the people, BY the people, FOR the people." Even the voiceover in "Mr. Smith Goes To Washington" reads it that way. But Waterston put his emphasis on "PEOPLE" at the end of every phrase. Made me wonder if it was his call, or if Burns had some research that indicated that Lincoln had read it that way.

6. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

mike g. ... i was trying to pull out a reference to Gore Vidal's Lincoln, back in 1988. Didn't realize he'd done the Burns stuff as well.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Of course, Lincoln was one hell of a lot better attorney than Jack McCoy. Also, in 50 or so years of watching TV cops shows, NEVER have I seen an actor/actress who looked less like a cop than Green's new partner. Peggy Lipton in the Mod Squad had more street cred.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Suddenly, I feel real young again. I normally only feel that way when I see spnited post.

Draft saved Draft deleted