1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Law & Order - All Versions - New Season Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Cadet, Sep 26, 2006.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

He had a part in an episode about a talk radio show host who is killed on a classic L&O many years ago, I believe.

Didn't Vaughn's grandson also kill or attack someone on another episode and get convicted, starting up all the trouble between his character and Adam S?

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

OK, copy guy... by saying he tried to defeat Schiff, you implied he ran. Jebus....

Vaughn's grandson was an arsonist and ended up killing his sister (might be wrong on that), but yeah, Vaughn's character thought he should have been helped out.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Actually, being a talk radio host was Bogosian's main schtick as a performance artist, kind of Mamet territory. Bogosian was also a villian in a Segal movie, and he was solid on CI this week. And the arson thing with Vaughn is dead on.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Bogosian was also in a movie years ago, playing a Denver talk radio host who was killed for his outspokeness and views... Find something and stick with it I suppose.

5. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Talk Radio is a 1988 film, starring Eric Bogosian as a controversial "shock jock" who is murdered by a crazed listener. It is directed by Oliver Stone, and is based on the real life murder of radio host Alan Berg by Neo-Nazis[1], and the book about those events, Talked to Death: The Life and Murder of Alan Berg by Stephen Singular, and the play by Eric Bogosian and Tad Savinar.

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

He played on an L&O episode named "Conspiracy" in 1992 and one called "Night and Fog" in 1993 as a character named Gary Lowenthal. (thanks, GOogle). Maybe he wasn't a talk show guy, maybe I'm confusing that with the movie. But I did remember him from L&O, the cradle of many 1990s-2000 actors.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I read "Talked to Death" ... some odd stuff...

8. Editude

Editude Active Member

SVU is becoming the flagship Law and Order, and it does a good job with the supporting characters. Missing me some Mariska, though. ::)

9. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

He was a lawyer on those L&O episodes.

Oh, and for someone who mentioned it, SVU has always been about stunt casting. It's one of the reasons I stopped watching it years ago.

10. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Didn't Bogosian play a Jewish lawyer defending an elderly man accused of being a Nazi guard?

Also, I didn't much care for Dirty Harriet, the new SVU detective. It's an ensemble show, they really didn't need another character while Hargitay's on maternity leave.

And I agree with Editude, SVU is now the flagship. While I still like L&O, it's no longer must-see for me. The only characters I even like are McCoy, Branch and Van Buren.

11. Actually, Vaughn's grandson was bipolar and lit his sister on fire. McCoy and Ross tried to get the kid into a hospital but Grandpa Napoleon Solo fought them because it would reveal that HE was bipolar, too. Eventually, they beat him, the kid went to the hospital, and Vaughn ran Judge Gary Feldman against Schiff, who kicked his ass.
    God, anyboyd but that GOP hack J. Fred would be an improvement.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Again, Courtney B. Vance needs to be in that role.

Draft saved Draft deleted