1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Law is coming to KC..

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by doubledown68, Jul 23, 2006.

1. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I just think the AFC is too tough. The Colts, Patriots, Broncos, Bengals are a solid top four, which leaves two spots. I think the Steelers get one of them. That leaves one spot for someone, and the Dolphins seem to be on the rise.

2. shockey

shockey Active Member

law catches the ball when it's thrown to him, a skill most dbs don't share. that said, he gets beat a lot these days. he'll pick off mistakes, but no one stays away from him any more.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Just don't agree with this. I didn't see him getting beat a lot last year. The guy has average size and speed, but his technique is as good as any corner in the game. And he showed that last year. His recognition skills, knowing when to take a chance, when to be physical, etc. were all on display last season. He had a fantastic season. You obviously don't pick off 10 passes if guys aren't throwing at you, but the Jets defense was on the field a ridiculous amount last season because the offense was so anemic. David Barrett had an OK season at the other corner--he missed a few games in the middle and actually got better as the year went along--but there were some games that he was absolutely tested over and over again because no one wanted to go at Law. Law was holding out for the biggest contract he could get, but Scott Pioli and Mike Holmgren were interested if the price was right. That's not the profile of a guy who gets beat a lot these days.

4. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Common sense wins again. Ty Law is good, the Chiefs got a good corner, Larry Johnson is fantasy football's No. 1 pick and the Chiefs will go 19-0.

5. somewriter

somewriter Member

Ty Law never led the league in INTs when teams were afraid to throw on him.

6. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Well, maybe teams should be afraid to throw to him again. When they got courage, they were fucked 10 times.

7. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

Agree with Shockey on this one [honest, shock!].

Law is still an above-average corner, but many of those picks were a function of right place, right time [tipped balls, playing CF sometimes, etc.]. I still think he's in the upper-percentile of NFL corners, but not a lockdown CB anymore and doesn't put the wood to guys the way he used to, either. A good move, certainly, but not a panacea. Extra scrutiny he gets from the zebras [Ty Law Rule, anyone?] also part of his baggage.

And, yes, BYH, he will enjoy re-upping his membership in Club Ed.

8. shockey

shockey Active Member

hey, even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while, eh? ;D ;D ;D

9. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

Hey, I'm trying. :D

10. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Y'all are forgetting who the Chiefs have had at the corners the past few years. Law, even if he's on the downward side of his peak, is a major upgrade and provides some semblance of hope for us sorry Chiefs fans.

And, for the record, fuckabuncha Broncos.

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Somewhere, IJAG just smiled.

12. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I am not forgetting who the chiefs have had at cornerback. If I heard "Dexter McCleon makes the tackle" one more time, I'd probably go batty.

Draft saved Draft deleted