1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Law and Order guest stars in 2006

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Columbo, Nov 14, 2006.

1. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Chevy Chase, Jerry Lewis, Liza Minelli, Fran Drescher.....

Anyone recall such a bizarre collection on a drama?

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

LIZA MINNELLI?

I know what 21 will be doing the night that airs...

3. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

It already aired.

I thought Jerry was pretty good.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

All famous New Yorkers?
    I don't know, is Chase from NYC?

5. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Hey... Michael K. Williams in SVU!

EDIT: Holy fuck, Omar and Namond are BOTH on SVU.

6. It's called sweeps, and it sounds like Dick Wolf might be worried that the Mother Ship's orbit was decaying. But those episodes were first-rate, no surprise there. As a longtime L&O fan, the cast turnover always takes some getting used to, but it's (usually) worth it if you stick it out.

7. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

They need to hire some guest writers. The main L&O has been dreadful this year.

8. Disagree, although it's only back to solid, and will stay there until Fred Thompson is sent back to GOP hell where he belongs and McCoy ascends to Adam Schiff's old office.
    I have to admit. Liza's appearance caught me up short. This is turning into The Love Boat for the new millennium.

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

No way can you promote McCoy. Sam's persona is the soul of what's left of the show, now . . .
    so long as Julian Marsh/Billy Flynn remains dead.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

"OMAR COMIN', OMAR COMIN'"

11. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

Speaking of The Wire and Law and Order actors ... Oz (the DVDs of which I've been consuming rabidly) is like a pre-union, with JK Simmons, Chris Meloni, BD Wong, Dean Winters and several main Wire characters ... not to mention Edie Falco.

12. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

I hate to see what the original L&O has become. The problem isn't in the cast, it's in the writing. The dialogue is lifeless and the plots are by the numbers.

If they're going to do stunt-casting they need to reach a little higher than Chevy Chase, by the way. I didn't think it was possible to spew hate-filled, anti-Semitic remarks and make it sound as flat as reading the phone book, but Chevy managed it.

Draft saved Draft deleted