1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Laura Schlessinger's son

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by fromthebluegrass, May 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Well, never one to let the facts get in a way of a good leftie rant, Fenian, you are just dead wrong.

Dr. Laura on her own web-site lists her credentials and never once claims she is a psychiatrist and she is licensed as a marriage, family and child counselor -- which is what she does on the air. And in fact, in 2006 she won a truth in media award, which seems to make it a bit tougher for your to make your fraud label stick.

And one other thing -- a lot of people listen because they find her advice to be helpful.

This is another installment of setting the record straight, even when lefties don't like facts to be known.

2. zagoshe

Generally a message board argument is definitively won when the losing side has to turn into grammar/spelling cop.

3. As opposed to the "You Misused The Quote Function" or "Here's A Website I Found," two other local favorites.
    Foof.

4. zagoshe

"Here's a web-site I found or picture of a ship I'll post" is a favorite of yours.

Foof.

5. Cadet

Cadet Guest

She won that "Truth in Media" award from a group called the Pacific Justice Institute, which is a legal organization that says it defends religious freedoms and parental rights.

Here is how another organization describes the PJI: "Based in Citrus Heights, California, this legal group is an advocate for right-wing Christians in California. Its legal activities include fighting against the rights of gay, lesbian, and transgender teachers and funding anti-gay ballot initiatives, among other right-wing causes."

Any group with any agenda can give out "awards" - that doesn't make them credible or respected awards.

You spend a lot of time accusing the "left wingers" of twisting stories to fit their agendas, and yet you've done just that by defending Dr. Laura on the basis of this "award".

6. zagoshe

That's interestring, considering Dr. Laura is Jewish. And further, why is the organization doing the criticizing more credible than the organization giving out awards?

Oh, that's right, righties organizations are biased. Leftie organizations are objective and credible.

I almost forgot the laws of SportsJournalists.com

7. Don't worry.
    We have hope for you in our remedial classes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.