1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Laura Schlessinger's son

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by fromthebluegrass, May 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Or you can simply lie and call Al Gore a hypocrite because he doesn't bicycle around the world and John Edwards a hypocrite because he --- gasp! --- lives in a big house instead of letting the poor stay there rent free.

2. Runaway Jim

Runaway Jim Member

To me, there's little difference between Dr. Laura, Dr. Phil, Dr. Oprah and all the other sanctimonious gasbags trying to tell me how to live my life. I wish they'd all shut the fuck up.

Having said that, Dr. Laura's hypocrisy makes her the worst of the bunch. I don't need her son's whack-job website to tell me she's a brainless, mean-spirited harpy ... but it helps.

3. Mmac

Mmac Guest

Don't know if I'd call it hypocrisy, but Edwards building that absurdly over the top 28,000 sq. foot palace right before he's about to run for president on a platform based on empathy for the poor/underclass does seem like really bad political judgment. I know he's smart enough to see how that would easily be spun the wrong way. Seems like he would've been wise enough to bite the bullet by enduring life in his current mansion for an extra year or so, so this wouldn't become a political issue.

4. Nicely played, Commodore.

5. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Dr. Laura is not hateful -- there is that word again -- and if she was so "unsympathetic" why do so many people tune in and listen and call in to take her version of abuse?

Sometimes a good smack in the head (figuratively) is what some people need. To me the kind of psychobabble that is far more dangerous than this tough love nonsense is the kind that pampers, coddles and otherwise excuses bad choices and even poor behaviour.

6. zagoshe

Once again certain people apparently either can't read or don't think the forum rules apply to them.....

7. She's abusive because she deals in abuse.
    She's a fraud because she masquerades as a psychologist and has no training in the field.
    People listen a) because some people like to listen to other people get abused, and b) because she's a freak show.
    This has been another installment of simple answers for simple folk.

8. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Dr Laura is one of the most mean spirited and unlikable human beings I've ever heard.

I'll leave it at that.

9. zagoshe

You forgot bigotted and homophobic

10. zagoshe

You quoted one of my posts than responded to another one, you need to take a break.

11. You need to work on the difference between "then" and "than."
    Also the difference between "thinking" and "vomiting."

12. I'm not calling either Al Gore or Dr. Laura hypocrites. I don't think they are. Nobody's perfect.

But surely in similar situations, if one is guilty of hypocrisy, so is the other.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.