1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Laura Schlessinger's son

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by fromthebluegrass, May 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pallister

pallister Guest

Spnited, your post reminded me of Tony Dungy's son, whose violent Web site became news after he killed himself. Politics aside, when someone posts stuff like that it should get someone's attention.

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

My point wasn't to be political, pall. The big thing here is not that he's Dr. Laura's son, it's that he apparently has some serious problems that maybe someone in our military should address.

3. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Rush often talks about pulling himself by the boot straps in this business so to speak and uses it as an example of how everybody in this country has the opportunity to do the same.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

And that's exactly it.

They don't preach/scold as people who have made mistakes. They act as though they are above ever making any mistakes.

Dr. Laura has zero sympathy for the poor woman who needs to work or the woman who got pregnant. To Dr. Laura, the first one is selfish, and the second is a slut.

Rush has no sympathy for someone hooked on painkillers. To Rush, all drug addicts (except himself) belong behind bars.

5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

He also was able to get out of serving during time of war and was at the front of the line of those who called Clinton a draftdodger.

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Gore flies commercial whenever possible. He was even held up by security at the Nashville airport not too long ago.

But you see, when you are trying to deliver a message to 6 billion people, it requires you to crisscross the planet . . . occasionally by private jet. I know you'd like to see Gore try to bicycle his way from Nashville to Mount Fuji, but it just ain't happening. And if the occasional trip in a private jet can help a fraction of 6 billion people change their habits, then it would be the greatest return on an investment since the Louisiana Purchase.

Last time I checked Bill Gates lives in a pretty big house . . . on a pretty big tract of land.

I don't think anyone is questioning Mr. Gates' commitment toward helping impoverished people just because of the size of his residence.

Must be amateur night on the right wing tonight.

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

I really have never thought of Dr. Bitch as right-wing or left-wing before. I just think of her as a fucking wingnut. Let's talk about her on that basis, as opposed to the usual liberal-vs-conservative horseshit.

8. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Gray matter, wherefore art thou?

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

The Army definitely needs to keep an eye on this guy and others like him, for the sole reason that it's dangerous when a desire to be a great soldier -- which sometimes, folks, involves killing people -- crosses the line to a place where the desire for indiscriminate and wholesale violence becomes the norm.

That he's Dr. Laura's son is largely immaterial, in this case.

That being said, Dr. Laura's fault isn't that she's hypocritical, but that she's hateful and unsympathetic, plain and simple. If all you have in you is criticism but no willingness to help, then you're part of the problem.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

brainless and moronic seems a bit redundant.

11. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

When talking about one person's hypocrisy it isn't necessary to point out other's. It would be rather silly if everyone that wanted to call Laura a hypocrite to also call someone on the "left" a hypocrite.

In the end, it seems Dr. Laura's parenting skills aren't very good. So, people calling in an listening to her should stop.

12. Sure, when it doesn't fit your template.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.