1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Laura Schlessinger's son

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by fromthebluegrass, May 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Has anybody seen this reported anywhere else? I apologize if it is a d_b.

http://www.sltrib.com/ci_5934072

Apparently Dr. Laura's son had a very violent MySpace account. Who knows -- maybe it was faked. Regardless, is this news to you?

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Gee, did he include the nude pictures "my kids' mom" posed for several years ago?

3. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

The left is so pitiful -- They actually take joy in beating up and/or piling on an absolute nobody like Dr. Laura.

4. BTExpress

An absolute nobody who has her own radio show, who had her own TV show, who writes dozens of books, who preaches to millions of people every day and is a frequent guest on CNN, Fox News and other networks.

A hypocrite who will call someone a slut at the drop of the hat despite her own slutty past.

A hypocrite who will scold a woman who works just to make ends meet while she has always worked despite being married to a rich man and never lacking for one thing in her life.

A hypocrite who tells other people how to raise their kids and who may (or may not) have raised a person of vert questionable character.

Other than that?

Yeah, an absolute nobody.

5. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

A RADIO personality who has made millions with her tough love bullshit.

And how is what she does any different than what Oprah does, or what Ricki Lake or hell even Jerry Springer does or Dr. Phil --- all of them are entertainers selling their own brand psycho-babble -- but Dr. Laura is the only one who rankles the lefties and politically correct and therefore she is cast as some sort of female Rush Limbaugh.

6. IU90

IU90 Member

My favorite part is this quote from the Army representative:

"It may be possible that our enemies are actually behind this. Our enemies are adaptive, technologically sophisticated, and truly understand the importance of the information battlespace," Tallman continued. "Sadly, they will use that space to promulgate and disseminate untrue propaganda."

What a load of crap. Does anybody really think that our terrorist enemies would focus their energy on trying to embarrass Dr. Laura Schlessinger's family? Yeah, THAT would certainly be the most effective tactical use of their "technological sophistication" to help bring America to it's knees.

Hope someone follows up on this, I'd be curious to know if the site was really her son's.

7. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

Take on the day!

8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

What I remember the most about Dr. Laura was the line on the Daily Show about her (I can't remember if it was Jon Stewart or Craig Kilborn who said this)
    "Her audience consists of abused women who were never abused until they called the show."

9. BTExpress

You don't get it.

It's not what they say. It's the hypocrisy, stupid.

Dr. Laura can preach to a mom on food stamps to be a stay-at-home mom . . . but only if she herself is/was a stay-at-home mom.

Dr. Laura can scold someone for questionable behavoir and for picking bad mates . . . but only if she doesn't have nude pictures of herself plastered all over the internet that a bad mate posted.

Rush can scold drug users . . . but only if he never uses them.

Understand?

I doubt it?

10. pallister

pallister Guest

Good post.

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

I really don't care about Dr. Laura or that this sicko is her son.

What I do care about is that he is a solider who had a page that included:
    "cartoon depictions of rape, murder, torture and child molestation; photographs of soldiers with guns in their mouths; a photograph of a bound and blindfolded detainee captioned "My Sweet Little Habib";

Howe long before this asshole goes off and shoots up a few dozen people?

12. IU90

IU90 Member

While I'm certainly no Dr. Laura or Rush fan, I've gotta quibble with your reasoning there, BTE. Often the people who've made the same mistakes in the past are in the best position to preach/scold about not doing those things. If I couldn't scold my kids for doing the same shit I'd done before, that would pretty much rule out parental discipline for the rest of their lives.

I do see a problem, though, with the way Rush/Laura sanctimoniously acted as if they were people who would never have done any of those things until they got busted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.