1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

laura bush, imbecile

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Herbert Anchovy, Feb 28, 2007.

1. If we do, we're going to have to split the award between Yawn and Joe Klein, who invented the phrase in Primary Colors.

2. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Taken from Dan Froomkin's blog:

Jon Stewart takes note of Laura Bush's recent comment on CNN that "many parts of Iraq are stable now. But, of course, what we see on television is the one bombing a day that discourages everybody."

Says Stewart: "It's so discouraging to see that on TV. . . . But Laura, you do realize that it's not just happening on the TV, right? It's actually happening. . . .

"I know, I know how discouraging it is, for you to watch it. You know where else it's somewhat discouraging? At the site of the bombing."

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Since there's a Yawn poser, I'm more than happy to offer an apology for my remarks to the real Yawn. And to the poser, thanks a lot. ::)

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I think it's rather humorous that righties would get in a snit about the media making fun of the First Lady.

What's that word? Hippocrate or something?

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Have no idea what you mean by that. I have never once belittled African-Americans on this board.
    And you can shove that glock where the sun don't shine.

6. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

[​IMG]

7. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I am in no mood for this.

8. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Ace: Mrs. Bush has never had any political aspirations or has never put herself in the middle of policy. Big-ass difference. BIG difference.

9. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

That's sexist, Yawn. You shouldn't support or not support a woman based on physical attributes.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

What would you call the Iraq war? No one is making fun of her for choosing lousy drapes.

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Yawn, believe it or not, but I actually tried to make a similar point earlier. That being said, she still should probably not be commenting on issues like this because what she said did strike quite a few people as uncaring. Laura Bush has plenty of issues with which she's involved and her voice and position would better serve those issues.

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Last time I checked, stem-cell research and Iraq are policy issues.

And if she speaks publicly on those issues, she is putting herself in the middle of it.

Draft saved Draft deleted