1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Laundry question

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by The Big Ragu, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

If you find yourself in the same situation, dissolve the dishwasher detergent in a couple cups of water heated in the microwave, first.

But, dishwasher soap isn't designed for cloth, it's for cleaning and sanitizing hard surfaces.

Rubbing damp clothes with bar soap, preferably something such as Ivory with fewer additives, would probably work better.

Or maybe shampoo. Conditioner might even soften the clothes a bit.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Or you could knock on a hot neighbor's door and ask to borrow a cup of laundry detergent.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

That may end up being a Boots-like episode.

4. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Hey ... the guy in the commercial is Tony Hale, aka, Buster on "Arrested Development"

5. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Next time don't use dishwashing detergent, just use this chart:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

My building isn't that hot--men or women (except for two gay men upstairs who are kind of Abercrombie Fitch beautiful). ... Woman next door is younger and pretty, but her boyfriend who lives with her wouldn't appreciate me knocking on the door and acting all creepy. And as Lee Elia would point out, 95 percent of the world is working right now, the rest of them are at home right now doing laundry. There is also the two-faced woman I have mentioned upstairs (depending on the day you see her, she is either crazy beautiful or kind of haggard looking, and even though you can tell it is the same woman, the contrast is shocking), but she's married too. Plus something about her tells me she is so used to being hit on that she doesn't even hesitate to just kick a guy in the nuts.

Honestly, it would have been easier to run out and buy some detergent. But I had to be nearby (near computer for phone calls).

The beauty of the whole story is that I am now using dishwasher detergent in the actual dishwasher. I have a load of dishes going.

7. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

fixed

8. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

His girl seems a bit young for him.

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I once used liquid dish soap - the kind you use in the sink - in the dish washer.
    Disaster.
    In my defense, I was only 17 at the time and on drugs.

10. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Yeah, that DOESN'T work. I think I was 12 or 13 when I learned that.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Liquid dish soap -- or any kind of liquid soap -- does work wonders on fresh stains.
    If you're ever in a restaurant and spill something on your shirt, go into the bathroom. Wet the stain and pour a small dab of liquid hand soap on it. Then take your fingernail and scratch the stain away. Pour a small bit of water on your shirt to wash off the soap (target it, don't splash it) and use the hand dryer to dry the shirt. Should take 10 minutes. Your shirt won't be 100 percent clean, but it'll be passable.

12. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

Oh snap! Mr. Clean thought you told him to go elf himself. Wow, this is embarrassing.

Draft saved Draft deleted