1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Laundry question

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by The Big Ragu, Dec 3, 2009.

1. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

There you go. Even cheap liquid is better than powder, most of the time. It's one of those things, though, where if you can afford to go higher-end, it's usually worth it, especially if you get into the stuff that's free of a lot of the chemicals and other shit. Anything that's in your laundry detergent will eventually get absorbed into your body.

And I totally feel like a fucking hippie when I say shit like that. :D

2. 21

21 Well-Known Member

He's going to have to change his handle to The Big Rags after that laundry gets done.

3. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Double J

Double J Active Member

May I suggest something from the Herbal Essences line? ;D

5. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

I'll have what she's having.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

FYI, I usually use liquid. Tide.

For those who have been sitting on pins and needles (I was!). It worked!!!

It doesn't have the usual Tide scent, but the clothes look clean, it looks like the powder dissolved and it rinsed fine -- no residue. Also, my clothes weren't bleached. They are happily tumbling away in the dryer right now.

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

Nice find!

And forget what she's having. I'll just have her. ;D

8. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

And forget having just her, I'll have her AND what she's having.

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

See, now this is what being a guy should be all about - finding easy, practical and especially economical solutions to everyday problems.

Because you know that if you ever suggested to a woman, "let's just use dish soap in the washing machine," it ain't gonna happen. Even though, as we are now aware, it works just fine.

I really feel like we've had a moment here, guys. Let's do some fist bumps and drink some beer. :D

10. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I have to admit, once caught in the same snare, I used a combo of Dawn dish soap and shampoo. That worked, too.

Ahh, those penniless college days.

11. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

actually Dawn works great if you're mopping your floors. Just a squirt and a bit of ammonia mix together in some hot water and you can tell Mr. Clean to go eff himself.

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I really agree with this and I'll definitely do a fist bump. But even though there was no woman here to nix the idea, a few of my girlfriend's clothes were mixed in there, and if I had ruined anything (even though it was nothing crazy nice), she would have given me plenty of shit.

Regardless, I won't tell her how the clothes got washed. Everything is dry and seems like it cleaned them fine.

Draft saved Draft deleted