1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Latrell Sprewell: Homeless?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ifilus, Feb 12, 2008.

1. ifilus

ifilus Active Member

Former NBA star Latrell Sprewell's yacht was sold at a federal auction last month after he fell behind in payments, and now a bank is going after his River Hills home, according to court files...

In Milwaukee County Circuit Court, RBS Citizens NA, or Citizens Bank, filed a foreclosure suit last week for the $405,000 home Sprewell bought in River Hills in 1994. In court documents, the bank alleges Sprewell owes $295,138 in outstanding payments plus interest after failing to make mortgage payments of $2,593 a month from September 2007 to January 2008.

Sprewell could not be reached for comment Monday.

2. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

You can't make mortgage payments and feed your family. ::)
  3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Damn plantation wages anyway...
  4. spnited

spnited Active Member

If I'm not mistaken, Spree's made $14 mill in his final year in the NBA. How can anyone be that big of a fuck-up?

Oh, couldn't happen do a nicer guy!
  5. BYH

BYH Active Member

hey asshole, maybe you'd be able to have a home if you took that three-year, $21 million deal.

Sack of shit.
  6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Maybe P.J. would help him if Latrell asked nicely this time. ...
  7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I read somewhere, can't find it now, that Spree was paid more than $50 million during his 12-year career.

What a shock. ::) ::)
  8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

The figure I've got is $96,622,500, according to Basketball-Reference.com, though it gives a disclaimer saying "it may be incomplete."

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i'll pass the hat.
  10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I'd buy that; I knew the $50 million figure was way low.

How the fuck do you get rid of $96 million in 12 years? You could throw $100 bills out the window 24/7/365 and you probably couldn't get rid of $96 million.
  11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

and just how in the fuck do you make it rain one bill at a time?
  12. ifilus

ifilus Active Member

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted