1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Latest Van Halen news: You knew this was coming, right?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 11, 2007.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Eddie is going into rehab.

And only Sammy Hagar and Michael Anthony will even bother to appear at the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame ceremony, allegedly.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/features/people/e3if9a2ba713cf749a958541ae3e83299b6

And God blames Eddie for all the problems.

http://www.thespoof.com/news/spoof.cfm?headline=s4i15983

2. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

Speaking as a tremendously huge Van Halen fan (seen the live twice, own every album), if Ed lives another five years at this rate, I'll be shocked.

3. CapeCodder

CapeCodder Member

That really sucks. I so wanted them to get it together for one final tour before the whole thing went up in flames for the last time. They remain the one band I really want to see--with Roth, not Hagar.

4. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I learned my lesson a decade ago, when they made that awards show appearance, Roth said they were back together, and it lasted about 10 seconds. Really had my hopes up for a tour at that time.

This time . . .fool me once, etc.

5. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

I remain hopeful it will happen someday. I never thought The Police would reunite, and...

Still, wouldn't be surprised if it went up in flames for good. At first for Valerie you were like "what are you thinking?"... and now ya know.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

The photo they moved on the AP wire with this news Friday absolutely shocked me. He looks about 60 now. Keith Richards has aged gracefully comparison.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Heck, Gary Cherone might as well show up at the Hall of Fame ceremony.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

The GoogleSense ads at the top of this thread, adjacent to one another:

Eddie Enters Rehab/Find Van Halen Tabs at Dogpile

gotta love Irony 2.0

10. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

I'm thinking Eddie is not in rehab, but deathly ill with cancer.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The whole reason Eddie was doing the reunion tour in the first place was to make Wolfgang a truckload of money...

I heard him interviewed on Stern a few months back and I agree that over/under for Eddie is probably 2-3 years...

12. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Would not surprise me.

For him to skip out on this moment .... with not a single WORD from Roth on the matter.

I agree something deeper is at work.

Draft saved Draft deleted