1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Latest "On The Mark" is up

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

On the Mark
    If the San Antonio Spurs are boring, then what are the first three days of that double-bogey fest, the U.S. Open?

For years I've been wondering what this huge television audience sees in golf.

And now I know: itself.

Angel Cabrera: A true athletic specimen.

Only in golf can the buff guy wearing a skin-tight superhero suit lose to the fat, balding, chain-smoking guy.

I'd like to see Stephen A. Smith call the U.S. Open.

No, really, I would.

Someone should've told Phil Mickelson to suck it up.

In the 18 days since Alex Rodriguez appeared with a woman not his wife on the front page of the New York Post, he has eight home runs, 29 RBI and raised his batting average 22 points.

So forget HGH and steroids. Baseball needs to start testing for Mystery Blondes.

According to The Los Angeles Times, the Dodgers fired hitting coach Eddie Murray due to his "poor communication" with players.

And that doesn't sound right to me.

I mean, I covered Murray in those halcyon years with the Mets, and I don't remember him communicating at all. Not once.

NCAA officials at the College World Series revoked the credential of a reporter blogging for the Louisville Courier Journal.

If only they were as tough on boosters as they are on bloggers.

Nick Saban will get a $50,000 bonus if Alabama's graduation rate is in the top half of the SEC, and $125,000 if the Tide win the conference.

That's what you call priorities in higher education.

In other SEC news, former LSU women's basketball coach Pokey Chatman, who abruptly resigned amid allegations of inappropriate contact with a player, will walk away with $160,000, including her full $85,000 postseason bonus.

The rest:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/6934222

2. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Only in golf can the buff guy wearing a skin-tight superhero suit lose to the fat, balding, chain-smoking guy.

As always, a very clever column from Mark.
    I wonder, though: Has he never seen a baseball game?

Draft saved Draft deleted