1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Latest Miley Cyrus photo: Hanoi Montana

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon_Cowbell, Feb 3, 2009.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'm with Cowbell...that photo creeps the fuck out of me. There's nothing daddy and little girl about it. That's not Rockwellian, that's...that's Janie's Got A Gunian.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Yet another dumb redneck pop princess who will hit the skids, squeeze out a couple kids and tip in at two bills by the age of 40.

3. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

One guy has a glass of wine. It is possible they are all drunk...

This really is much ado about nothing.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Eight top-10 singles (15 in the top 40) on the Billboard country charts, something like 25 million albums sold worldwide, doesn't necessarily have to work.

How are you doin'?

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Sounds like a little more was going on there than the Achy Breaky.

6. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

7. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

There are degrees of creepyness to that photo, but I'm pretty sure they didn't go out and commision it themselves. Where is it from originally? Putting their faith in the hands of a photographer that is on the search for the outrageous or at least the photo that will cause people to talk, maybe push a few buttons, and I'm surprised that's as creepy as it got. Probably some better judgement was due in the case of Billy Ray but for the number of photo shoots they've done, I'm sure at the end of the day in their eyes they didn't really think twice about it, it was just another photo shoot, especialy considering that was probably just one of a thousand shots the photog fired off and they probably had no idea that was going to be the end result. It's not like he volunteered that his daughter has a nice rack. Unless of course they have that particular photo blown up, framed and hanging above the fireplace in their livingroom.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/miley-cyrus-apologizes-for-controversial-photos/18508?nc

Of course. It's all the media's fault!

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Beef,

Annie Leibowitz did that photo shoot. The shoot as a whole is incredibly creepy. The pics of a then-15-year-old Miley are wrong on many different levels, especially the topless one even though you can only see her back.

I just don't see the issue with the Billy Ray photo. It's not Rockwellian, but it's not Nabokovian either. :D

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Well, I never wrote/sang "Achy Breaky Heart" or starred in a show on Pax. So I'm still better than Billy Ray.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

no. no you're not.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Well, I'm better than Tom Petty. That I know.

Draft saved Draft deleted