1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Latest method by parent to try to get attention for child's high school team

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Mr. X, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Mr. X

Mr. X Active Member

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-briefing29jul29,1,6220363,full.story?coll=la-headlines-sports

See second item

2. princess18whit03

princess18whit03 New Member

That movie was probably a complete waste of time. She shoulda just called a few papers. I'm sure someone would have done it since her kid's dad is NICOLAS CAGE. That's gotta be a story somewhere.

3. chazp

chazp Active Member

Bet the LA Times prep editor is happy about it. Kept him/her from getting the old and tired, "I've got a great story for you. The son of XXXX XXXX is on the high school wrestling team, isn't that interesting?" I got a call from a lady wanting me to write a story about a T-ball team because one of the kid's dad is a TV reporter. BIG FREAKING DEAL!

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Did you suggest the TV reporter do the story instead?

5. MCbamr

MCbamr Member

What is interesting to me about this is that Nick Cage is the nephew of Francis Ford Coppola, but I believe he changed his name to be sure his success came by merit rather than his name. Maybe his wife takes a different approach.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Whatta you faggots want? [/Sailor]

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

That's not his wife. That's the mother of his child.

8. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

I'd tell her, if Cage does Tiny Elvis for me, you got a story!

9. Jim Tom Pinch

Jim Tom Pinch Active Member

If Studio 60 were still on, you know they'd show the show imitating Nick Cage at his son's wrestling match because Cage and Nancy Grace skits were the only ones you ever saw.

10. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

I bet you Weston sucks at football. Nicholas Cage is a nancy-boy.

11. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

It's pronounced ass-weep-eh. :) <SNL>

12. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

I got an email from a dad telling us a Detroit newspaper was going to run a story on his youth team and we'd better get on the stick before we got scooped.

On a u-9 baseball team.

The dad wasn't Nicolas Cage, by the way.

Draft saved Draft deleted