1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

latest joke of a column by william c.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by shockey, Oct 26, 2007.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

this is his take on ex-saints/raiders qb aaron brooks no longer being in the nfl. bill blames it on stuff brooks said during the saints' post-katrina ordeal:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/27/sports/football/27rhoden.html?ref=sports

of course, bill quickly dismisses how awful brooks was with the raiders last season, blaming it on oakland's horrendous o-line. but does anyone else actually believe brooks is being blackballed for stuff he said in 2005, as opposed to being blackballed for crappy play? ??? ??? ???

discuss.

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I thought that Brooks wasn't in the league because of his career 56.5% completion percentage. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/BrooAa00.htm

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

That's nice of shockey to give Boom the night off.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

And sticky it!

5. shockey

shockey Active Member

i'm here to help! ;D 8) ::)

6. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Although Brooks isn't good, I suppose one could question whether he's worse than some of the scrubs who will start games this weekend. The rest of it, though? (Infinity - 1) verse, same as the first...

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I had to do a doubletake too

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Maybe it was because in his eagerness to make big plays, he was extraordinarily careless with the football.

Just sayin'.

9. Rhoden is one of three columnists, I refuse to read.

1. Shelly Anderson - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette columnist writes about women and Title IX.
    2. William C Rhoden - if a white man wrote the opposite opinions, he would be called a racist.
    3. Mitch Albom - do I need to explain why he has no credibility

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Not familiar with Ms. Anderson. Christine Brennan retired the Title IX trophy a long time ago.

11. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

What exactly are the "opposite opinions" of Mr. Rhoden?

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Individuals should be held accountable and responsible for their own conduct and actions.

Draft saved Draft deleted