1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Latest Friday news dump ever?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I was waiting for it and I was not disappointed.

2. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Great work here, sir.

I really don't see where Major Applewhite went wrong here, legally. Even if she (or he) was on the football team, Applewhite isn't Mack Brown.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Granted, the educator-student law is rarely enforced at the college level, to Poindexter's chagrin. But the law is on the books and it does not distinguish between high school and college.

Major is going to jail.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The Texas law you are referring to only covers elementary through high school. Not college.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And if they had been riding a motorcycle ... oops, wrong one-time SWC member.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Major Applewhite is an educator? The assistant coaches don't teach classes, do they?

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

His rank should be downgraded to Private Applewhite.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Yep. Has nothing to do with university employees and students. The UT policy I referenced appears to let Applewhite off the hook.

But it will be portrayed as a black women being fired for doing the same thing a white male did even though that's not true.

However, if the BoR was not aware of the Applewhite situation when Kearney was terminated DeLoss is in deep shit.

9. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

For continuing coverage of this breaking story tune into the Longhorn Network.

Draft saved Draft deleted