1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Late to the party — Secret Radiohead album that's been hiding in plain sight

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Feb 4, 2011.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Okay, so I don't keep up as much as I should, but I was pretty blown away by this

Read more: http://www.cracked.com/article_18896_10-mind-blowing-easter-eggs-hidden-in-famous-albums.html#ixzz1D32SBeoz

I always liked In Rainbows, partly because it reminded me so much of OK Computer, now I find it they are actually one giant album released 10 years apart.

Has anyone heard the complete album?

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I'm going to have to create a playlist of the two and check this out. Sounds fascinating.

3. funky_mountain

funky_mountain Active Member

new radiohead album comes out saturday.

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/02/14/new-radiohead-album-the-king-of-limbs-will-hit-web-on-saturday/

4. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

You just blew my mind, man.

Those are two albums that I always considered to be independent entities, rare records that I've never become tired of listening to, start to finish. I love both. To suggest that they should or can be intertwined is a development that I'm not ready to confront. I'm going to need some time.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

And if you start Dark Side of the Moon when you first see Wizard of Oz...

But The Bends is already perfect. :)

6. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

If anybody messes with the Bends, and claims some secret coupling with It's A Wonderful Life or something, then I am truly fucked.

7. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

When I first saw this thread, I immediately thought of DSOTM and Wizard of Oz, hah. Then I thought of Abbey Road. I will definitely look into this, though.

EDIT: Checked it out. Wow. It's crazy. The entire list is pretty awesome.

Draft saved Draft deleted