1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Late shows return

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Jan 2, 2008.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Bob Saget rules.

2. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Just saw a YouTube clip of Conan's bit about what he's been doing during the strike. Funny stuff, especially when he sings "Sabotage" as Edith Bunker! :D

3. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

His jokes sucked crap last night.

That song impersonation was the bomb last night. I didn't realize how good Conan plays the guitar. Wonder what the Beastie Boys thought of that rendition :-X

Those writers better score a deal because I am missing Triumph and the Mannatee.

Nice to see Max back.

4. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

You mean Leno forgot his stand-up comic roots where he had to write his own material?

5. Cansportschick

Leno said to blame his wife last night if the routine sucked. Leno ran it by Mavis and she thought is was funny.

I did think Conan O'Brien and Craig Ferguson were the funniest last night.

6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

NBC should be pretty ashamed of itself for letting Leno serve as a de facto schill for Huckabee for 16 minutes last night. If I were Romney, I'd be pretty furious that the Huck got to essentially get a 16-minute commercial on the eve of Iowa.

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Not sure I see much of a similarity between those two bearded guys. Unless that's Saddam hanging from the gap in Letterman's teeth.

8. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I know they have to fill an hour somehow, but Letterman's interview with one of his staff members was pretty weak.

9. Cansportschick

FYI: The Daily Show with Jon Stewart and Colbert Report with none other than Stephen Colbert will be back with new episodes on Monday.

It's about time.

10. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

Letterman's mom has a beard.

11. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Despicable that Conan and Leno worked without their writers having a contract.

12. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

It's nice to see Burl Ives working in show business again.

Draft saved Draft deleted