1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Late-nite breakfast

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, May 30, 2009.

1. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Amen, Jesus. Also in Louisiana:

Lake Charles: KD's.
    Baton Rouge: Louie's. .

2. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

(That is the real Tommy's. You can see part of the logo on the side of the fry thingy)

3. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

Sadly the best late-night option burned down a month ago. It served a burger with two slices of ham and an egg. My arteries may never recover, but I'm all right with that.

Now it's either Denny's or this nice little shack o' grease across the street.

[​IMG]

Great reubens. Breakfast anytime. Smiling, if not attractive, wait staff. It'll do until they rebuild the other place.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

I was lucky not to have gotten arrested a couple times at Louie's back in the day. There was a vibe to that place at 3 in the morning. More so than some of the bars we used to go to.

5. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Without reading the whole thread to know if it has been mentioned, you can't beat The Stretch from the Broadway Diner in Columbia, Mo., when you need some greasy nourishment in the wee hours.

But if we're talking chains, I'll take Waffle House all the way.

6. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Love the Diner. The Stretch.. not so much.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

There's an East Texas / La. mom-and-pop chain called Pitt Grill that's brightened a few wee hours of mine on I-30. Folks like Dargan probably know it well.

Draft saved Draft deleted