1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Late-nite breakfast

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, May 30, 2009.

1. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

Ok. So you've had a couple of Jack-and-Cokes. Switched bars, thought it would be ok to go with whatever's on tap. From there -- it ain't tasting right -- you switch back to a couple of Cap'n Morgan's. You know you are in for a world of hurt and pain the next morning. There is only one cure known to man:

Tommy's Chili Cheese Fries with extra cheese and onions. (and, if you're sleeping in the same room as someone, you must, must consider full disclosure).

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. ADodgen

ADodgen Member

Breakfast, at any hour of the day or night, means Kerbey Lane in Austin. Love it.

3. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Step 5: Upper deck the boss that just put you on furlough.

4. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

I've been there. I've been to one that was really good, and one that was so-so.
    There are a few there, no?

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

That LOOKS like step 5. Keeehrist, that's disgusting looking.

6. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Oh, but it's so good. (Well, maybe not that pic. But the real Tommy's is.)

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Hells yes.

I've never been a big late night breakfast guy, but dammit if I don't love a drunken visit to the closing time hot dog stand.

Steak & Shake was a popular drunken destination for me back in the day. So was La Bambas (burritos as big as your head). So is Skyline Chili, if you're in the right market (the one by UC is open 24/7, I think, the one I lived by in Louisville was open late).

8. ADodgen

ADodgen Member

I believe there are three. The one up north closed, so there's the original, the one by campus and the one on Lamar.

I've never eaten at the original one, but at one time or another have visited all three of the others. They have really great seasonal menus that I just love.

9. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Back when I lived in New Orleans, the place to go was the Camellia Grill, Uptown on Carrollton Avenue, and the specialty was the chili omelette. Always a rousing end to a night of alcoholic revelry.

10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Not much for late night eats anymore but the best place I have been is the Elgin Street Diner in Ottawa. Loads of great bars in that area too.

11. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

Camellia Grill, I believe, is back. And it rocks.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Big Circus: Lynchburg. Even better when you get served by the odd-looking woman with one tooth and a tongue ring.

Draft saved Draft deleted