1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Late-nite breakfast

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, May 30, 2009.

1. Petrie

Petrie Guest

If Wendy's was open 24 here, I would clean house on some Double Stacks. Good...and cheap.

2. lono

lono Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Choke and Puke is a long-time term in the South. Not unique to just Alabama.

I miss one of my stops which had a really good locally-owned late-night breakfast stop. One can work up an appetite driving that crowd around ... :D but it was a really fun crowd.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  4. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

You and Some_Guy make a good point, but sometimes you've just gotta layer eggs and bacon on top of that beer.

5. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I've usually gone with pizza for late-night drunk food. I'm much more a fan of the diner breakfast the next "morning" around 1 p.m.

6. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Toward the end of my college career, there was a gourmet hot dog restaurant within walking distance that you could buy a hot dog or two for nearly the change you had left in your pocket.

7. Gene Parmesan

Gene Parmesan Member

Three pages and no mention of Coney Island? I know the economy is bad in Detroit, but someone over there has to have Internet.

Scrambled eggs, potatoes, both covered in the coney sauce. Delish.

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Fair enough. It made you do both. Every time.

And HH, no, not Tourway, although that's probably one of the most disgusting places I've ever stepped foot in. Just nasty. The place I'm talking about might be the Riverside Diner? Just a few blocks from the paper.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  9. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I have no doubt that you would :) And pick up the drive-thru girls while you were at it.

10. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

In Columbia, Mo., The Diner is the place to be. Although I will say it's signature dish, "The Stretch" a compliation of hashbrowns, chili, eggs, shredded cheese and jalapenos is nothing if not overrated.

Here in corn and soybean hell, IHOP is the only option.

11. spup1122

spup1122 New Member

Country Kitchen in Mid-Mo. There was a denny's and an ihop that opened in the same location at different times and neither could stay in business because Country Kitchen and Perkins took all the business.

12. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

I was looking for a late night breakfast the other night and struggled badly.

Taco BEll and the other suggestions are fine, but you pay the next day.

Nothing like Bacon & Eggs with hashbrowns to close a good night.

I drove around for about 45 minutes until I found a place near my new place. It has only been open for about a year. Nice place. Not a chain. Got chicken fried steak and eggs for $6.99 and the CFS was really good. . . made fresh. I will be back.

Draft saved Draft deleted