1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Late-nite breakfast

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, May 30, 2009.

1. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Ah, Bickfords! I don't see many of those anymore as many have gone out of business, but they had some damn good pancakes.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

OK you're off my Shit List. :D

Yeah, the Bickfords have been disappearing. My wife and I used to go to the one about 20 minutes from my parents' house every time we were up there, but last summer we went there and it's now a Mexican joint. Sad. I think there's still a couple Bickford's off I-95 along the shore in CT...Mystic and Niantic, I think?

Their Sunday buffet was fucking outrageous. I think they served breakfast all day too, right?

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

All good pancake houses/diners serve breakfast 24/7.
    No Waffle Houses that I know of in NJ. Saw my first in Pa. last weekend...passed.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

True, but as noted, it's hard to find a good diner once you leave Fort Lee and hop on the GW Bridge.

Heading out to Jersey next week to find and annoy the shit out of you old man, so I may buy some breakfast for dinner as a reward.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

Good diner in Fort Lee, 1/4 south of the GWB.

6. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Any good diners in Baltimore? I'll be down there for the weekend series between the O's and Sox in September.

It could be quite a scene.

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

cracker barrel breakfast is the shiznit.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Not sure, but there's a Cracker Barrel just after the Jersey state line if you're heading north. So you can hit that on your way back. [/interthreading]

9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Cracker Barrell breakfast is great, but I don't know of a Cracker Barrell that's open late night after a night of pounding down drinks.

In my town we have a local franchise of 24/7 diners with the best fucking hash browns in the world. Two over-easy, hash browns with cheese and a large glass of 2% milk, and I'm a happy camper.

25-some years ago or so, we used to hit Taco Bell for three Taco Supremes after the bars closed. Then Taco Bell wised up and started closing the inside dining and you had to go through the the drive-thru.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Taco Bell AFTER drinking? Were you just begging to end the night at the Porcelain God?

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Taco Supremes or (when they were still available) Beefy Tostadas were foods sent from heaven at 2 a.m.

12. Petrie

Petrie Guest

Amateur. Tell these people what your 160-pound former coworker used to eat after work :D

Draft saved Draft deleted