1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Late-nite breakfast

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, May 30, 2009.

1. KG

KG Active Member

Wafflehouse puts up with more from the drunk people. They look out for their peeps. :-D The awful waffle is the place to be post drinking.

2. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I've had at least one denny's fuck it up.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I used to love the late night breakfast on the way home from the bar.

We had a good 24 hr diner nearby growing up. There's a good one near me now, but I'm not much for closing the bar these days. Last time I did the late night diner thing was after a Yankee playoff game a couple of years ago.

But now I want 2 eggs scrambled with bacon and hash browns, all well done. Wonder if the girlfriend would go with me if I woke her up.

4. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Only one way to find out. Wake her up! ;D

5. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Was it the TourWay?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  6. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Nothing better than a late-night breakfast. But yeah, options are limited. Wish we had a Waffle House around here. That was always the best place.

Nothing better than a post-noon breakfast, either. Too bad there are relatively few places that will serve breakfast as late as I wake up. We've got a great local place two exits down from us that serves breakfast 'til 3 p.m. There's always one.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

Local diners. They are all over New Jersey.
    I can think of at least six within a 10-mile radius of where I am that are open all night....breakfast anytime, burgers anytime, anything on the menu anytime.

8. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Those are the best. I visited my first diner in Vermont a few weekends ago that actually served beer.

It was crappy as hell, but hey, beer is beer.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Wait a minute...aren't you a New Englander? How the fuck have you never been in an IHOP, never mind never SEEN ONE?! Tell me you never leave the house or something.

That's impossible, dude, just impossible.

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

Kevin's mom doesn't let him go out alone yet.

11. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

In my neck of the woods, I've never seen one. I've heard there is one in Derry, New Hampshire, but I'm never in that area nor do I have a reason to be.

I'm not in Massachusetts all that often, either. If I am in Mass., I'm usually just in Boston to catch Sox games.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Hell, that would be an acceptable excuse.

As for the best place to get a breakfast, I hate to admit it, but spnited is right. :D Jersey diners make good food 24/7. Not so much out here, and especially not true back home, where we had to end our nights at the shittiest 24-hour diner ever. I'd always get French toast there, and always regret it. The diner is still there, too, and it still blows my mind that a Denny's or an IHOP hasn't landed in my burg and put that fuckin place out of business.

My favorite breakfasts are at Bickford's (another New England speciality) and Cracker Barrel, but neither are anywhere near me. I do make it a point to get to them whenever I'm within a 20-minute drive, though.

Draft saved Draft deleted