1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Late Night with Seth Meyers

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spikechiquet, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I want to see the numbers a month from now. I wouldn't be surprised if Fallon holds on to the lead, but I seriously doubt he's going to have twice the audience that Letterman and Kimmel have...

Underrated late night show: After Midnight on Comedy Central.

2. MCbamr

MCbamr Member

Fallon is not funny. At all.

3. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Apparently millions of people disagree. Or at least there is some reason they like him.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Fallon had 4.456 million viewers last night, up 24 percent over Leno's Thursday average.

The format is just so dated to me: the lame celebrity interview.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

@Midnight is the best strip show (i.e., daily show) on cable at the moment.

http://www.comedycentral.com/shows/-midnight

Points!

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I don't necessarily disagree with you. The question is: What is a better format, considering that people are turning on the show to watch the stars come out? That's what they do; they bring the stars out and talk to them.

7. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

However, Fallon's big plus is that he actually gets many of the stars to do something besides sit in a chair and plug their next project. So, he really IS changing the format, just not so drastically.

8. jr/shotglass

Exactly. IMO, if you had Fallon take what he does for the first 20-30 minutes and expand it to the entire show, it might be closer to what Buck's talking about.

9. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Maybe he will eventually, but he'd be nuts to get the Tonight Show gig and immediately revamp the whole thing. I wouldn't mind, but a lot of people would.

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what the new formats would be. I'm just so bored with the existing late-night format.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Graham Norton's show in the UK is a fun watch. Of course, the guests drink on it.

12. jr/shotglass

Oh, I think a few guests on America's late-night couches have, too. (Doubly true if you count Chelsea.)

Draft saved Draft deleted